Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Whose Face Do You See in the Mirror?

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC

"We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit."   (2 Corinthians 3:18)





At some point in every day we all have opportunity to look into a mirror, and we know the person well with the one we see looking back at us.  But when we are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ we join a group of people who now have "unveiled faces".  One might wonder what that even means, but the definition is truly simple.  Having an unveiled face is not something we have to achieve, but it is something that has already been done for us the very instant we believed that Jesus is who He says He is,  our Messiah, our Savior and Lord, and our soon-coming King.  But we do have something we are to do since we already have an unveiled face.  We are to be continually looking at  the glory of the Lord.  We are called to look at the glory of the Lord with much more than a casual glance, though.  We are to give Him careful and thorough study if we are going to be transformed to look like Him. 

This transformation is a progressive sort of change in us.  It does not happen in an instant; it takes us from the glory of our conversion to the glorification that will come when we reach heaven--from glory to glory.  This progressive transformation will have but one purpose:  to change us, from the inside out, into the image of God.  The more we allow this process to happen, the more we (and everybody else, as well) will see the image of Jesus in us.  It will be Him looking back at us when we look in the mirror.   It will be Him in us looking back at those we come in contact with.  When we come to this point in the glory to glory journey, we will be living out the fulfillment of the promise of God found in Romans 8:29, which says:
"For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son..."
Bit by tiny bit, we all, who are in Christ, are being conformed to the image of the Savior. Slowly the fruit of the Spirit is being born out of us as His work is being done deep down inside of us.  Slowly, but very surely, the one I see in the mirror every morning is becoming more and more like Christ.  And the transformation in me can clearly be seen in me as I reflect the light of Christ to them.  

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, you are welcome in me.  I surrender to the work You were sent to do in my heart. Show me the places where I am hindering Your process of transformation in me.  I want to get out of Your way, so that one day I will look far more like Jesus than myself.  Leave no part of me untouched by Your holy fire.  Burn away everything that does not look like Jesus. I could never do this work myself.  No guilt, willpower, or coercion done in my own strength will ever be able to produce godly fruit in me.  I only need to bow to You and Your work in me, and the image of Christ will come forth from me.  Come!  Do all of Your work in me that is ordained for my life today.  Then come again tomorrow and the next and the next and every day until I am completely transformed and completely Yours. 


1 comment:

  1. it is definitely a day by day,step by step process. Sometimes it does not even seem like there is a change happening. I do know that as long as I surrender to him, I will be changed. My prayer is that others will see the change in me as Jesus is working in me and through me.

    ReplyDelete