Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Blind Faith

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
January 2, 2016

"By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went out to a place he was going to receive as an inheritance.  He went out, not knowing where he was going."    (Hebrew 11: 8)

"Come to the land that I will show you."  (Acts 7: 3-4)

"Go out from your land, your relatives, and your father's house to the land that I will show you."  (Genesis 12: 1)

Abraham operated with blind faith when he was called by God.  He obeyed God by doing what He had said, without knowing the faintest bit of where he was going or what he would do when he got there, or what God Himself would be doing!  This, at first blush, seems to be a strange story, but as I contemplate it, I can see that Abraham was not a special case; he is my example.

God wants me to walk with that same kind of faith, a faith that doesn't have to have all the answers and insights.  I don't have to know what God is doing, nor do I have to know what I am supposed to do.  When I operate that way I work out of my self-reliance.  But God waits for me to come to a place where I rely solely on Him, and more specifically, who He is.  

Each day should be for me an brand new "going out", going away from my need to know and my need to figure out.  It should be a "going out" away from my reliance on me.  Today, in My Utmost For His Highest, I am challenged by these 2 questions:
  1. Do you believe in a miracle-working God?
  2. Will you go out in surrender to Him until you are not surprised an atom at anything He does?

PRAYER
Oh, Lord, so often I have great faith because I can see what You are doing.  But You are challenging me now to learn to walk with blind faith in You, in every detail of my life.  Teach me Lord, to leave my own strength, my self-reliance and my self-dependence in order to come into full reliance and dependence on You.  Teach me to go out from my personal convictions, experiences, fears, and logic, so that I can live in Your inheritance . . . the abundant life that is saturated with You and devoid of everything "me".   Though I may not know where You may take me, help me to obey Your calling by letting You lead me where You want to take me.  Holy Spirit, guide me to the place where I go out from everything and my trust is entirely in my God.







No comments:

Post a Comment