Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hope and Bold Living

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
January 1, 2016

"My eager expectation and HOPE is that I will not be ASHAMED about anything, but that now as always, with all boldness, Christ will be highly honored in my body, whether by life or by death."     Philippians 1:20

Hope--my hope is in my resurrection (Acts 23:6), yes from the dead, but also the resurrection in me that takes place through the transformation power of the Holy Spirit in me in LIFE!  My hope is also in You, my Lord Jesus Christ!  (I Thessalonians 1:3), for all things are possible in You!  (Matthew 19:26)

As 2016 is just a newborn, I have great HOPE, not in myself and what I might accomplish in my flesh, but HOPE in Jesus and the Holy Spirit in me, that I can live a life that glorifies and highly honors my Lord.  My HOPE is in the reality that I can do this because You make it possible.  I do not have to end another year with regrets for my fleshly behavior.  I can finish 2016 knowing that I have done nothing by which to be ashamed.  I can live each day expecting Christ to be honored in me!

PRAYER
Lord, Oh how I have failed to let you be in control of me.  But today is a new day and a new year.  I greatly desire to live this year in such a way that you will be highly honored in me.  But in order for that to happen, I must  live each moment in such a way that I will have nothing to be ashamed about.  Holy Spirit, be my guide today and throughout this year.  Show me where I am being put to shame, where I am running from the spiritual battle instead of fighting it, and where I am cowering in the corner instead of walking by faith.  Then comfort me and strengthen me to live as Christ would live. I want to live BOLDLY for You! 

May this be a brand new journey, and may I grow in such a way as to bring glory and honor to You in all of my life.  You are my HOPE and BOLDNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment