Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sanctifying All Of Me

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
January 9, 2016

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your spirit, soul, and body be kept sound and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."    (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

God sees all of me as important in living a life that is pleasing to Him.  That is why Paul writes about our spirit, soul, and body being completely sanctified by Him.    This sanctification is not difficult to understand.  It is the work of the Spirit within me that sets me apart and separates me from the world and the way worldly people live.  It is a process of transformation that will continue in me until I go to be with Jesus.  The goal of the process of transformation is for me to be progressively conformed to the image of Jesus.  I have know this truth for a very long time now, but it is still not an easy process to go through!  

When the Holy Spirit is searching me out, down in the deepest parts of me, I am sure of one thing:  That whatever He discovers in me, I could never get to.  He goes farther than I ever would or could.  Some things I would like to get to, but others I would hope never were discovered.  Because He can and does burrow deep within my heart, soul, and body, He then operates in His job description.....and cleanses me of what He finds.  I cannot go there....I cannot reach those dim places within me, I cannot transform myself.  It is not my job; it is His.  But what is His job is to cleanse all of me of all the sin within me.  My roll?  It is to bring and keep my sin in His holy light.  

PRAYER
Oh Lord, I cannot cleanse and transform myself.  I need You to do it in me.  But You require something of me.  You desire me to surrender, to bow low in humble submission to You and the work you desire to do in me.  Help me, Lord, not to flounder and miss the opportunity to be made more and more like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment