Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Not Forsaking My Conversion

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
January 10, 2016

"Now I send you to them to open their eyes so they may tun from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that by faith in Me they may receive forgiveness of sins and a share among those who are sanctified."   (Acts 26:18)

This verse teaches me the two things that must be accomplished in my life:
  • I must receive the forgiveness that Christ's death on the cross accomplished for me 
  • I must receive the sanctification that Christ's resurrection from death makes available to me

I have lived many years in the forgiveness of God.  It has been the first part of my spiritual journey, but it cannot be my entire journey.  There is the second part that is the sanctifying of my heart, soul, and body.  It is simply not God's design that I receive only forgiveness and grace, but that I also be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus.  Just as He was resurrected from the dead in the physical, I am to be resurrected from the dead in my spirit, to the point that I look more and more like Jesus with each passing day.  Salvation is not only in belief and forgiveness of sin; it is in conversion from the flesh "me" to the spiritual "me".    

All too often I am found studying the Word.  I delight in the fact that it is in the reading and studying of God's Word that my eyes are opened to what God desires of me.  But that should never be my goal without considering my need to surrender, repent, seek forgiveness, and be transformed by all that I read and process.  This is my sanctifying conversion, and it should never be forsaken for the sake of knowledge and understanding.  According to Oswald Chambers defines this sanctification, this inner transformation, this true conversion as this:

"In sanctification the regenerated soul deliberately gives up his right to himself to Jesus Christ, and identifies himself entirely with God's interest in other men."

All focus must be on others for God's sake, not on myself, for my sake!

PRAYER
Oh Father God, how miserably short I have come of Your mark!  My knowledge is great, but my application is lacking!  In desire for You to turn all knowledge into practical application.  I know I cannot do it alone.  I need the help of Your Helper, the Holy Spirit.  And I know that what You need from me is a surrender to this process, a humbling of my all for the sake of Yours.  My prayer for 2016 is that You will work in me in ways I have never experienced before.  Use Your Word, Your Spirit, daily prayer and anything else You desire to fulfill Your goals for me.  My belief is not enough; neither is adding knowledge.  I want to be found walking by Your Spirit in all I do, all I say, all I think, all I feel.  Help me, I pray.... I have forsaken my true conversion long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment