Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Monday, February 21, 2011

Preparing For Battle

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
Balak sought out Balaam to speak curses on Israel.  Balak wanted Israel to be defeated.  Isn't it interesting that he did not seek out his military general to draw up a battle plan to defeat this enormous enemy?  Though Balak was a pagan, he knew that he must defeat Israel spiritually.  How much more prepared would you be today if you would FIRST fight in the spiritual realm with the Sword and prayer?
What enemy do you want defeated in your life?  What sin has hung on far too long, and is now far too large for you to defeat on your own?  Have you been attempting to create your own "military" plan for defeating it?  There is only one way that you will ever defeat sin in your life.  You must be SPIRITUALLY healed!
Every believer keeps hidden in his heart many sins that have yet to be defeated.  If you are looking at yours today, they may appear to be enormous when you look at them all together.  Attempting to "never do/think/say that again" will avail about as much as any New Year's resolution!  Has that ever been successful for you?  Me, either! 
The sin issues of the heart must be attacked spiritually.  It will require your time and effort, but it will not be you, in the end who defeats them.  It will be the Spirit who dwells in your heart who will destroy them.  We have been deceived for a very long time that it is our strength that will over come them.  The enemy likes when we use this battle plan because he knows that we will lose. . . and he will win! 
Zechariah 4: 6 says, "'Not by (your) might nor by (your) power, but by MY SPIRIT,' says the Lord of Hosts."  Do you see that Almighty God is imploring us to STOP TRYING to change our sinful hearts?  His Spirit alone is in charge of that.
So how do you allow the Spirit to fight the spiritual battle raging in you?  Try this:  Let the Lord show you just one of your sins.  Write it on an index card and put it in your bible.  Now here is the part that you can do.  EVERY DAY read the word, with the purpose of knowing your God better.  Then take that card and prayerfully surrender this part of your heart to Him.  Ask the Spirit to now come and do His work in you.  Do this every day.  
This is not a "quick fix."  There is nothing powerful in the card or the plan.  The power is in the Word, in the Spirit, and in the relationship that you will develop with God Himself!  In a month, look inside again, and see if the Spirit has been working!   I think you will be surprised to see His spiritual healing at work in you!
Why not post your results at the bottom of this page!  Others might like to hear your testimony of God's "overcoming" battle plan  that has resulted in healing in your heart.  And don't forget to click "follow" at the top of the page!

2 comments:

  1. I was raised in a christian home went to church every Sunday,prayed at the meal table with the family had family bible study on Friday nights. Never would of thought that I would have went through the battle that I have faced in the last 40 years.
    At the age of 18 I had a child out of wedlock married a man that I thought was going to be with forever and he turned out to be abusive and I was in that relationship for over 15 years , Then lost my father before I was ready to loose him by a massive heart attach . And the major one in all of this is I am an alcoholic. Who has overcame all of these things with Gods help.
    Yes there were alot of struggles on the way and I fell a few times
    But today I have so many things to be Thankful for .
    I have over 5 years of sobriety , I have over came that urge to drink . And that battle would have never been defeated without GOD'S help . I have 4 beautiful children and 5 beautiful grandchildren , has there been struggles along the way and is there still battles that I am facing today with those children of course there is but as long as I stay focused on God I will defeat those battles .
    And last but certainly not least I have so many friends out there that have stood behind me through these battles and they keep me focus on the true meaning of living a christian life and walking with God ...
    I hope my story will touch someones life and always remember that GOD doesn't give you no more then you can handle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a living testimony of God's LOVE for His children. I believe that God DOES give us more than we can handle, for the purpose of teaching us (over and over) our need to rely on Him alone. By giving me more than I can handle, I am learning to NOT trust in myself, but in my God.

    You have an amazing story of survival. You have been through so much. Use your testimony as often as a door opens to tell others of your faithful God who didn't take you around the problems of life, but straight through them!

    Thank you for sharing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete