Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Course Correction

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC No journey can begin without a road map. I still prefer reading a map to using a GPS. Of course, that might be because I do not have GPS! But I like maps because they provide me with the challenge of getting where I am planning to go in as little time and mileage as is possible. And I do love a challenge!

But even the best laid plans for a great journey can have detours. Don't you just hate the orange construction signs? You know what they mean. . . .time wasted, alternate routes that will take you WAY out of the way, rolling slowly down the road when you the cars are all crammed into just one lane. It is not very easy to remember that those signs and cones and flagmen are there for my benefit when I am in a hurry to get where I am going! Sometimes the paths we have chosen simply are NOT the best way to go. Whether you and I like it or not, the course corrections that are made for us, though it may slow us down and put us on a different time table, are the much better route in the end.

The Bible is my spiritual course corrector. So often I will have my way all planned out, with my selfishness and attitude at the heart of it all. I am just zooming through my life, trying to get from one thing to the next. And then the Word begins to "flag" me to slow down, and I see the warning signs of the path I am on. Often the Word with confirm my need to make a hard right or left in order to help me avoid the issues that lie just ahead of me. And sometimes the Word screams loudly for me to TURN AROUND and go back!

God wants me on HIS path, not just any path. His Word is the greatest GPS for our spiritual journeys. But they only work when they are plugged in, or in my case, opened up, looked at, and studied! Are you plugged into the Word? Are you looking at the road map? Or are you just going your own way?

No comments:

Post a Comment