Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hidden with Christ in God

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
I know that this seems like a strange image to use on a blog, but honestly, it was the closest thing that I could find to convey the message of today's blog: Hidden with Christ in God.

This is a concept that we likely know, but it is so often not lived out by believers.  I know this on a personal level.  

You see, Paul has told us in Colossians 3:3 that we "have died and [our]  life is hidden with Christ in God."  The problem is two-fold in my walk with the Lord.  I don't live like I am dead, and I often can be seen more by the world than Christ can.  Can you relate?

In this short verse there exists both conflict for my flesh, to live as though I am dead to myself, and victory for the Spirit within me, as I discover the joy of allowing Christ to live His life through me.  

The struggle is found for me in living this verse out daily.  I know my need to die daily, yet as the moments of each day present themselves, the easy ones and the difficult ones, I am prone to forget that I am supposed be dead.  Literally I have been declared dead, yet I, more often than not, discover that my will, my wants, my desires, my opinions are quite alive and at work in me.  I forget in most moments that Jesus is the light that is to be shown out of me.  It is His light, and not me, that is to be the brightest.  Me and my flesh should be so dead that I appear to be out of focus, while the light of Christ should be able to be most clearly seen.

The  resolution to the conflict in my flesh of trying to remain alive can only be in living my life hidden, for it is no longer my life that is relevant, but His as it comes forth out of me.  His life flowing out of me is what should be in clear focus to the world around me.  As a converted believer, I no longer have a life of my own to live.  I am DEAD, and my dead life is now overshadowed by the life of Christ within me!

Look back at the picture and ask yourself the questions it now begs of you.  Are you the brightest and most in-focus part of the picture, or are the works Jesus is doing through you what the world can clearly make out?  Are you in clear focus, or is the Light of the world?  Is the image of your flesh fading away is it gives way to the life of Christ?

My prayer today is that I will be so surrendered, and then so obedient, that the world will cease to see me, but only my Savior at work in a vessel wholly yielded to Him.  

Consider making that your prayer as well.  What difference would it make in your family, city, state, country, and world if you lived life dead, and you were hidden away by the Lord of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment