Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Cheryl Gnagey - Author, Speaker, Spiritual Coach

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pin It Originally: How To Add a Pinterest (Pin it) Button to your Blog/Website http://cs-doon.blogspot.com/#ixzz1ryXJUBEC
The middle section of Spiritual Healing: The Surrender That Brings Victory is based on a diagram of a broken and divided heart that God had me draw. When filled in with my own personal sin issues, it revealed to me in a very painful way, the truth of my heart.

"After God had me draw [a] very ugly heart, He said to me, 'You have stuff hidden in the creases of your heart.  What has been clearly noticeable as sin, you have let Me work on.  But what remains are these.  They are your sinful attitudes, and they are deeply rooted in your heart.  Each of them is a god of your own making.  You have trusted them in a thousand different moments when you weren't trusting in Me.  Each one must be recognized, confessed, surrendered to Me, and crucified.'

God spoke so plainly to me about what was in my heart, and I knew He definitely wanted me to respond in the way He had described to me.  But the choice would be up to me.  Would I confess it, vowing to turn away from it by my true repentance?  Would I really surrender each sinful part to Him?  Pharaoh hardened his heart ten times.  Would I choose to have a Pharaoh-like attitude that resulted in an unchanged and hardened heart, or would I choose to be Christ-like, surrendering my heart to the will of God so that He could transform it?"

If you would like to read what happened next, the rest of my testimony can be found in Chapter 6 of Spiritual Healing:  The Surrender That Brings Victory which can be purchased at www.cherylgnagey.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment